Wednesday, August 27, 2008

So sorry

College is so busy that I haven't gotten to write in my blog once since it started!
And this will be an annoyingly short post since I have to meet my friends in the cafeteria in about fifteen minutes.
It's just that I'm taking Mythology this semester (woot!) and was reading over the story of Cupid and Psyche (my new favorite myth) in Edith Hamilton's Mythology and found this little gem to remind me of my major (Psychology):
(this is the very end after Psyche has gone through her trials and finally marries Cupid)

"Love and the Soul (for that is what Psyche means) had sought and, after sore trials, found each other; and that union could never be broken."
-p134 Mythology

10 comments:

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

One of my favorite books-"Till We Have Faces"-is based on the myth of Cupid and Psyche.

Rebecca Joy said...

Hey! I'm reading Mythology by Edith Hamilton for school, too :)

We're not very far into the book, but I'm excited. :)

Erin said...

Happy colleging, Sookie. :)

Edge said...

I could only agree...with the short periods of time in which to blog! College is giving me a run for my money.

cuileann said...

Oh, I really like that myth too. I'm so excited to read Till We Have Faces with my friends this semester!

And I'm really glad that college sounds like it's getting off to a good start for you!

Sookie said...

Pickles: Till We Have Faces is currently on my To Be Read list. I really want to read it!

Erin: Thank you :-)

Edge: It is for me too!

Cuilleann: Yes, it is :-)

BooksandLove said...

aww, now I miss cafeterias. :P

Erin said...

do you have a facebook profile, by any chance?

if you do, and you're ok w/ friending internet peeps, here's my profile: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=519429128

Hope you're doing well lately!

Erin said...

Ohhhh my goodness Sookie!! I was so surprised to see your comment at my blog. :) I'm doing great, how are you? How has freshman year been? I hope you write a post/update soon!

Madison said...

ditto Erin.