Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Independance Day!

Okay, so I know I'm a day late--but I still thought I'd post that.
Anyway--I'm currently rereading a childhood favorite of mine: The Hobbit.
Isn't it strange that a book I enjoyed at eleven is still enjoyable to me today, when I'm nineteen? (It's the same thing with Ella Enchanted.) Strange and wonderful.
I've heard rumors of The Hobbit becoming a movie and directed by Peter Jackson (as with LOTR). Has anyone heard anything else on that front?
Sorry for such a short post!
~Sookie

4 comments:

thegoosegirl said...

Hope you had a great holiday, Sookie!

Anyway...I'm pretty sure it's being made into a movie, divided into two parts. But I'm positive that Peter Jackson's not directing. Is he a producer or something, though? I'm not sure; that's just stuff I think I remember hearing.

anilee

mari said...

I believe Peter Jackson is a producer not director.
Fran Walsh is involved as well. I think, it may be a rumor, that Gandalf will once again be played by Ian Mckellan.

mari said...

more info here:

http://www.thehobbitblog.com/

Sookie said...

The Goosegirl: Ah, thanks! I've never been sure whether Peter Jackson is a director or producer!

Mari: thanks for the link :-). I'm just not up on my director/producer names!