Sunday, June 1, 2008

Woot!

I promised to post on how I did at the Twilight Manips Twilight poster challenge.

Here's my poster:




And here's the prize I won:




I was really surprised--this was the first graphics contest I entered, so I expected not to place at all!

But anyway: that name on the banner--The Owl Perch--that's the livejournal account I set up for this fall.
I've absolutely had a blast on Blogger, but I knew all along this year that I'd need to switch if I wanted to post more graphics.
Still...Blogger has sentimental value...it'll be hard to let go!!!!

Right now I'm currently reading Sabriel by Garth Nix, and loving it--so hopefully I'll get to post my review soon!

8 comments:

cuileann said...

Sweet job on the poster! What's the quote from?

Oh my gosh, the Abhorsen trilogy books are some of my most favorite. :D

Sookie said...

Cuileann: Thank you!
The quote is from Romeo & Juliet (I believe from the marriage scene) and is at the beginning of New Moon.

Yes, I'm on the last chapter of Sabrial and I can't wait to read the next book!

Erin said...

Super cool, and congratulations! I am sooo excited for the movie.

ruby said...

did you really make that
its really good.
WOW!!

BooksandLove said...

The poster is great!! I like the way the word twilight looks...very creepy.

Madison said...

Hey, congrats, Sookie!

I love your LJ account name. :-)

Sookie said...

Erin: thank you! I'm SO excited for the movie too!!!

Ruby: Thanks!

Booksandlove: yes, the way the word looks actually came from a screencap of the trailer--that's how it will officially look once it comes out (I think)

Madison: Thanks! I love owls!

Patrice said...

oohhh nice! I wish I knew how to make things like this. Cool blog :)