Thursday, June 12, 2008

Prince Caspian, The Abhorsen series, & Europe (!)

Woot! Saw Prince Caspian today. I should probably write an official review, but unfortunately I don't have time.
I was going to write a review for the Abhorsen series (Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen), but I don't have time for that either (I'll get to the reason in a second).
But here's what I think (quickly) of both.
Prince Caspian: Reepicheep pretty much rocks! Ben Barnes pretty much owned Prince Caspian, but Edmund is still my favorite character (in the books and movies). I really did like Prince Caspian--it had a much darker feel to it and I certainly like the way it was interpreted. As for the added stuff (Susan/Caspian romance, Caspian/Peter rivalry), I didn't think it was too bad--certainly not bad enough to make Mr. Lewis turn in his grave. But that's just my opinion.

The Abhorsen series: love love loved!!! This is a must-read series for anyone who is a fan of Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter. I just can't say enough how much I loved these books! (And the Disreputable Dog!)....(and Mogget too!)

Anyway--as of tomorrow I'm going international. Paris and Brussels here I come baby! I'm just so excited--and I haven't even finished packing!
I'll try to take lots of pictures!
Bonjour,
Sookie

6 comments:

Anilee said...

Yay for Edmund fans! He's my favorite too. Movies more than books (but I prefer the movies to the books).

I have the first book of the "Abhorsen" series but have yet to read it...

And have lots of fun in Europe! It goes without saying that I'm jealous, but... ;)

cuileann said...

Anilee, you really really should make time for Sabriel soon! She and I promise you'll be glad you did! ;)

Wow, exciting stuff! Save an adventure or two from Europe to tell us about!

Erin said...

WOW!!!! Have fun!

Edge said...

Squeel! Paris? Exciting. Edmund is definitely my fave Narnia character, though Ben Barnes did a superb job.

BooksandLove said...

Looking forward to the pictures! I've never been outside the U.S. Have fun! :)

Jessica Burkhart said...

I still haven't seen the movie, but I want to! :)