Friday, May 23, 2008

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary. E. Pearson



WOW. Wow is all I can say at the moment. This book offers so much: a look at how the future might be, romance, and even good humor.
I think this is officially my favorite read so far in 2008. Just wow.
I'm not even sure I can sum up how wonderfully written Jenna's story is.
But I'd encourage anyone to read it--whether you like YA or not, or Sci-fi or not (I'm not even technically sure you can classify Jenna as sci-fi).

Jenna Fox is a teenager who's just woken up from a coma sometime in the future.
She tries desparately to figure out who she really is, or was. But there is something a bit strange about the way her family acts around her, particularly her grandmother, Lily, who for some unknowable reason, hates Jenna.
There is also something strange about how much her parents shelter her, and how she has not been visited by any former friends.
She will soon discver the mysteries in her life, including how it is possible for her to be alive.
The Adoration of Jenna Fox is a story about what could very well be possible in the future, and about one seventeen-year-old's struggle to fit in her own strange skin.

I loved this book from start to finish!



~Sookie

5 comments:

Erin said...

SUCH a great read. Glad you liked it. :)

cuileann said...

Gracious...I'm SO EXCITED to get this book!

Em said...

I've been hearing rave reviews about this one. Can't wait to read it. :)

Sookie said...

Erin: yes it was! I'm glad I saw your review, otherwise I might not have picked it up!

Cuiliann: ^_^ it's an awesome book.

Em: Tell us what you think when you read it!

BooksandLove said...

I didn't know what this book was about but now I can't wait to read it.