Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Novel Difficulties

Yays! The Senior Trip was amazing--and Texas countryside is beautiful as always.
But while I'm busy bringing up my grades for that final transcript, worrying about prom dresses, and taking loads of pictures (This is the last month! I want to remember this!), my writing has suffered.
I've switched from story idea to story idea, and I've barely enough time to write a single chapter!
Is anyone else struggling like this?
There are just some days where I want to forget it all...and then all of a sudden a random, crazy, but exciting idea for a story comes to mind and then BAM! I'm hooked.
I hope once high school and June (a month which will be REALLY busy for me) are over, I'll have time to do some serious writing.
Ooh...on a good note--you know that trip to Paris I've been meaning to take? Well it's all finally okayed. I'm going to the city of love (and bread) this June! Yays again!
♥,
Sookie

6 comments:

Erin said...

I've been a vewy vewy bad writer lately. Not meeting my goals AT ALL. But I *am* enjoying my story when I do manage to strap myself down to work on it...

PARIS! LUCKY! Have an amazing time!

Anidori-Isilee said...

Ah! I'm so jealous. I so want to go to Paris. Have a great time!

Yay for school almost being done!

My writing's been going pretty well, I guess. Very slowly, but I'm staying pretty focused.

Sookie said...

Erin: I know how you feel--I skip out on reading sometimes just so I can write five sentences...
And thanks!

Anidori: Thanks!
Yes, I am exuberant at the thought of no more homework for two months--and then, college!!! Yikes!
Lucky you, I wish I could stay more focused with the writing...

Edge said...

Graduation's so close! And Paris?? I'm happy for you and a teeny bit green.

BooksandLove said...

Paris! You lucky girl. I hope you have lots of fun.

Sookie said...

Edge: Yes! So close! And yet...so far away...

booksandlove: Thanks! I can't wait!!!!