Sunday, April 13, 2008

EEKS! Book Choices!

Alright, so in about forty days or so, I will be graduating. And after summer, I will be going to college (*sweat*).
I'm making myself compose a list (chronic list-maker, I am) of all the things I'm going to take from the stuff I already have.
And well, I have to say I'm a little nervous about the Books part. I've seen the dorm rooms in the residence hall I hope to get in. And let me tell you, the word microscopic comes to mind.
There isn't enough room for one person's stuff, much less for two people!
That's why I've decided, gulp, to only bring ten books. Yes ten! (*dies*).
The Twilight Series (minus Eclipse--I wasn't so wild about book #3, but I'll have book four by then) and Harry Potter #7 will be the ONLY HARDCOVERS! Yikes!
In the ten books I plan to bring Ella Enchanted, Speak,Wuthering Heights,A Great and Terrible Beauty, and The Goose Girl.
Now I know I'm being ridiculous and I probably should only bring, like, three since there won't be any time for reading.
By the time everything else is packed, there probably won't be room for books.
But oh well, this is what I've decided.

16 comments:

Edge said...

Ohh, sheesh, now I have to think about my ten books that I'll be taking...yikes. Optimally, I will receive a large Barnes and Nobles card for my birthday this summer and will buy ten new books. Yeah.

Erin said...

I can't imagine not being totally surrounded by BOOKS...you could always hang some from the ceiling to conserve space... ;)

But I agree with your choices. Bring your comfort reads.

Sookie said...

Edge: Sorry! Reality=pain.
At SFA it seems like all of the dorms are small, even the more expensive, nicer ones. But I didn't even bother to apply for those. It's a cramped campus!!!

Erin: Oooh! I like your idea of hanging books from the ceiling!
Maybe I could put some in a hanging plant holder (minus the plant and dirt).
It's going to be terrible without my 150+ collection of books!!!!

Sookie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leanna said...

Wow! I can't imagine bringing only ten books! You made really good choices though. Good luck at collage! :)

Erin said...

Ooh, I LIKE the plant hanger idea! You should totally do that.

Book~Adorer said...

I totally agree with your book choices. I attended college for 2 yrs and trust me you'll have time to read. It won't be like every day but on your days off, it's really easy to get bored. And if you have empty hours between classes, its handy to bring a book and sit somewhere near your next class and read. Unless your a 24/7 party girl, you'll have some time to read.

Sookie said...

book adorer: oh! that's good to hear!

Erin said...

OH MY GOSH, I had the weirdest dream last night. You came to visit me, and you were very, very energetic. Like I was exhausted just watching you. Oh, and you were SUPER tall. Anyway, it was really bizarre...lol.

BooksandLove said...

Currently my dorm room shelf holds 29 books so I think you will be okay. Just put your textbooks on the corner or something. And you will totally have time to read. I'm a graduate student and I still find time to read.

Sookie said...

booksandlove: no no no. These are TINY dorms. There is NO space to fit any extra furniture, much less a bookshelf!

Erin said...

Yeah, you were like...EXTREMELY tall. ha. And you had super-short hair. (what do I know, maybe you do?)

Oh, also: for my space, my mom said she and her roommate hung their beds from the ceiling. That way they could have a little more space for living, below.

Erin said...

*that should say MORE space, not my space

BooksandLove said...

Uh....I didn't say anything about bringing extra furniture....*confused* I just said that the shelf that is in my dorm room holds about 30 books and its a pretty small shelf. Over here every room has a shelf.

Sookie said...

booksandlove: OOOOH...sorry, for some reason I thought you meant that I should bring a book shelf *is feeling stupid*.
No, in the dorms there are no book shelves...yikes!

BooksandLove said...

well that's weird...sorry :(