Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Curse Dark as Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce

A Curse Dark as Gold

Charlotte Miller and her sister are left practically destitute after the death of their father.
Charlotte has never believed any of that superstitious nonsense--the curse that is said to be on their mill and its male heirs...
But after one too many things gone wrong, Charlotte is forced to find help from an outside source.
Enter Jack Spinner, who changes Charlotte's life (not always for the better) and turns her whole world upside down with his magical abilities.
Curse is a retelling of the fairytale "Rumplestiltskin".

This book was extardordinary. Dare I say...golden?
After that whorl-wind of an ending, I'm still trying to figure out whether I liked it or not.
One thing that definitely shines through is the writing--Elizabeth C. Bunce's ability to capture her readers in the creepy atmosphere of Curse is amazing.
This is one book you don't want to miss!

6 comments:

Bohae said...

I've read so many great reviews on this :) I need to have it! ;)

sophiecouture said...

Like bohae, I've heard so many great things about this book! Thanks for adding your review to the bunch!

Leanna said...

I'm reading this book right now. I'm really liking it! There has been so many great reviews for it too.

Sookie said...

Bohae: Yes, you must read it!! If you're a fan of the Goose Girl, I think you'll appreciate Curse.
Sohpiecouture: your welcome!
Leanna: Oh, good! Post your thoughts when you're done :-)

Reader Rabbit said...

I should be getting this book soon =D

I can't wait

Em said...

I definitely need to read this soon. Great review! :)