Friday, January 4, 2008

Best Boooks of 2007

Looking back on the year...I've read so many good books! I put them into categories to make it a bit easier. Sorry--there won't be any pictures. My computer is acting funny :-(

Best YA Fantasy Books of 2007:
Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
The Red Queen's Daughter by Jaqueline Kolosov (review forthcoming)
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
The Summer King by O.R. Melling
Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz

Best YA non-Fantasy (but still a lot of fun) Books of 2007:
The Poison Apples by Lilly Archer
Carpe Diem by Autumn Cornwell
The Princess Diaries Vo. VIII--Princess on the Brink by Meg Cabot


Best Children's/Middle Grade Fantasy:
The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis (I decided that it is my favorite in the Narnia series--the only problem is I keep changing my favorite every time I read them, which is once a year)
Into the Wild by Sarah Beth Durst

Best Adult Books:
Size 14 is Not Fat Either by Meg Cabot
Secret Society Girl by Diana Perefreund


Best Classics:
Macbeth by Shakespeare

Best Book of the Year for 2007:
It is a terrible tie between Carpe Diem and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows



Anyway, I think I'll be out of contact for a bit--not enough to actually call it a hiatus, but just for a few days.
Hope you have a great New Year!
~Sookie

5 comments:

Bohae said...

Great great list : ) Be back soon from your *not-so-much-of-a-hiatus*

Nicole B. said...

For me, Eclipse beat out the Harry Potter novel and Harry came in second. Granted, Twilight didn't beat it, but still. ^-^ Nice list!

Em said...

I just love everyone's Best Of lists! I've found so many good recommendations this way. Great list! :)

Erin said...

YAY for your choices...wow, a tie between HP7 and Carpe Diem? I reallllly need to read that latter book.

Sookie said...

Miss Erin: yes you really HAVE to read Carpe Diem. Though don't get this wrong--it is WAY lighter than Harry Potter 7. I chose them as the best for totally different reasons....