Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Top Eight ARCs I'd like to have in my stocking


In no particular order.....

1. Hallowmere, By Venom's Sweet Sting--Faeries. Boarding school. Witches. The Reformation Period. I fell in love right away with Hallowmere 1, can't wait to read book 2. It comes out in several days!

2. The Sweet Far Thing (book 3 in Gemma Doyle series)--check! Recieved this one in the mail quite awhile ago (note: I will post my review of this in a few days when it comes out!!!!). Still, it was only a borrow, and I'd like to have this in my stocking to keep forever ^_^

3. The Host by Stephenie Meyer--I'll read anything by this author, including a sci-fi book about body-snatching aliens.

4. Cybele's Secret--I ordered the first in the series a couple of days ago, and I hate waiting on sequels.....Even when I haven't read book 1 yet (though I've been guaranteed I'll love it by several people)

5. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer--the fourth book in the Twilight series. 'Nuff said.

6. Princess Mia--the last book in the Princess Diaries (*tear* I'm going to miss that feeling of reading the next book in the series for the very first time)

7. Bayern 4--hasn't really been written yet. But still, I'd love to have it.....

8. A Curse Dark as Gold--this looks like a really good book!!!!!


Anywho.....
Finals are brutal. *Shivers* I have my first at 8 tomorrow morning.....cross your fingers! Knock on wood! With hope and prayer and studying and massive amounts of chocolate I might just pass it....

9 comments:

Tiffany Trent said...

Sookie -

You are welcome to try to win a signed copy of By Venom's Sweet Sting in my Sweet Sting contest. Come over to my LiveJournal at http://tltrent.livejournal.com/419642.html to enter! :)

Best,
Tiffany Trent

Em said...

Ohh, I love this post. And now I have new additions to my wishlist. :-)

Em said...

And good luck with your finals!!!!!

Anidori-Isilee said...

I can't wait for 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, and 8.

Good luck on your finals!

Enna Isilee said...

Maybe I can drive over to Shannon's house and steal the Fourth book manuscript...

Sookie said...

Tiffany Trent: Ooh! I will, thank you!


Em: thank you!

Anidori-Isilee: thank you! I need all the luck I can get!

Enna Isilee: Oh! Do that--and then expedite it to Texas, will you?
Ha ha, just kidding. Still, that would be awfully cool....

Erin said...

I'm most excited about 4 and 7.

Hey, what are your thoughts on the Bella and Edward casting? I'm curious...

Sookie said...

Erin: I just want to know who plays Jake!!!!! I think Robert Pattinson will probably make a good Edward, he has proved himself to be an excellent pretty boy (as Cedric). But I'm really glad they chose Kristen Stewart as Bella. She was wonderful in Speak.

Noel De Vries said...

Yes, Breaking Dawn and Curse Dark as Gold!

(Mean old Erin, of course you don't have to wish for Curse, you've read it! ;)

Can I chime in as a recently-converted Twilight fan? I think Stewert will be good--she's an everygirl. Pattison was a surprise ... he's not exactly the "unknown" that was promised. It will be hard at first for a lot of fans to seperate him from Cedric, I think. But, what with make-up and a hair cut...