Sunday, November 4, 2007

I Heart Nanowrimo

Here are some reasons why I love National Novel Writing Month

1. It's challenging
2. It's fun
3. There are a lot of breakout writers to be found on Nanowrimo
4. It's free (yeah!)
5. It's encouraging
6. You can meet other young writers/novelists out there
7. It allows me the chance to do something I've always dreamed of doing, writing a (complete!) novel.

Even if you don't decide to join this year, I hope you'll check out my profile: Here to see what I'm working on (pretty sketchy so far).

Also, in order to share my love for all things Nanowrimo, I've created a little Novel Tag.

Nanowrimo Name: absolvable
About the Novel: It's about a girl who is a librarian (Archivist) in her world (which is much like ours) and her adventures there.
Novel Title: So far mine is unnamed
Overall Audience: anyone who likes fantasy fiction and a small amount of romance combined, and well, me, since right now I'm the only one reading it.

I tag anyone who wants to do it.

Thanks,
Sookie

Ps. Hectic! Crazy! Mad! Those three words describe perfectly what's going on right now. Our first performance is three days away! Ack!

6 comments:

Anidori-Isilee said...

Fun! :D

Erin said...

Woo-hoo for NaNoWriMo, even though I'm horribly behind already! *sigh* Hopefully I can make some good progress later on this evening....

I LOVE your idea, sounds like something I'd pick up to read in a heartbeat (a girl who's a librarian! YAY). Maybe someday I'll be able to read it. Hopefully. :)

Bohae said...

Coo-wul :) Hm..pondering the idea Nanowrimo again and again and again...

Sookie said...

Anilee: ^_^ Thanks!

Erin: maybe someday you will...for now it's just very, very rough.
I hope I'll get to read your's too!

Bohae: You should DEFINITELY do Nanowrimo, so much fun!

hwalk said...

I am writing a novel, but honestly, I'm doing 1,000 words a day and skipping some days . . .

Oh well. Nanowrimo is good when you don't have ten other projects you are working on and are going to school full time.

Maybe I'm just lazy.

Sookie said...

Hwalk: Ten projects!!!! I can barely handle one! Plus school. I'm trying diligently to get in one thousand words a day and double it on the weekends since I started kinda late. Good luck!