Friday, November 9, 2007

First Drafts

I love that poetic feeling of writing a novel in first draft. Of course I hate the novel at the same time that I love it. But that's just how I am. I love how it's unpolished, a diamond taking shape, being dingy and ugly, and at the same time beautiful in its own way. I think if there's ever any time that I really REALLY love writing, it's this time. Just writing. Nonstop. Not thinking too hard about the words, thinking more about the SOUND of the words.
The way they twist out of my head like a serpentine ribbon and wind down to my fingers only to be transferred into the computer. I love it.
Of course it's pure trash that needs to be completely re-written.
But still.
How is everyone else's nanowrimo novel's going?

I'm working as hard as I can on it with any free time given to me from my social life, the play, and school.
Oh when will I ever be able to just sit down at the computer and write for three hours straight without the phone wringing or costumes waiting to be donned for rehearsal, or teachers asking me continually when will I FINALLY apply to a college?

Only one night to go and then it's the play!!!!
I can hardly wait.
I'm a little nervous, but that will fade off soon.
Hopefully.
Gulp.
~Sookie

3 comments:

Erin said...

Break a leg with the play! You must write all about it.

I love the way you talk about writing. :)

Sookie said...

Erin: I will! I'll also have plenty of photo evidence that I-yes I-was in a Musicale.
Thanks ^_^

Anidori-Isilee said...

Good luck with the play!

My NaNoWriMo is going pretty well. There are times when I want to start something new or start editing, but I like being forced to write and keep going.