Wednesday, October 24, 2007

CD Covers

I know I know....I'm supposed to be taking a break, yada yada yada, but I just HAD to come back to tell everyone that I'm loving this Graphics Design course I'm taking. I wanted to show ya'll what I've made for my latest project--we're supposed to either create a band, or choose a band that we like, and design "their latest Album cover". I had to choose a name for it and all. I chose Evanescence because they're one of my faveorite bands--and also their style of graphics was easy to imitate. I chose "Once Upon A Midnight Dreary" as the title, because Evanescence's songs are sort of Poe-ish.
I've narrowed it down to two covers. Which one do ya'll like the best?

The First Cover

The Second Cover

7 comments:

Anilee said...

I think I like the first one better. They're both really cool, but I think that the first one seems more CD cover like than the second, which seems more book cover like. Though I love the blue forest and the moon a lot. But probably the first, though they're both really really awesome.

Erin said...

WAY COOL.

I like the first one best.

You are SO going to design my book cover whenever I get one published, k? ;)

Sookie said...

Anilee: Thanks for your opinion!
I see what you mean about the second one being more book cover-sih.

Erin: Thanks! I'd be honored!

Bohae said...

It seems that my opinions have been voiced already :) Great job, they look amazing!

Em said...

wow, these are really cool. I love the way the trees curve in the second picture - it makes it look like an iron forest.

Edge said...

Personally, I like the second. Pleasepleaseplease tell me what program you used! I love playing around with computer programs, and since ProShow Gold is no longer a mystery, I need a new project. You know, design my own book cover:-) If I can't get it right before Bloomsbury someday offers me a contract, I'll ask for your help.

Sookie said...

I used Photoshop PS (8) for these covers. You have to buy this version of the Photoshop program, but it's completely worth it.
I wish more authors would be interested in doing their own book covers. I know I am.