Sunday, September 30, 2007

Reading my own writing

You know, I experienced something strange today. While in bewteen working on a plethora of study reviews for Government class, I would take a break to write some on the currently unnamed novel I've been working on for a few days (hey--we all have to start somewhere!).
So I wanted to read over what I'd incoherently scribbled right before hitting the pillow. And I found something to my astonishment--I actually liked the story and the characters!
Craziness!
I kept reading on and on, enjoying the strange names I'd thrown together in my sleep-deprived mind, and the characters themselves. And then it stopped midsentence. For some strange reason I thought Man! I can't believe the author didn't finish it!. Then I remembered. Oh yeah, I wrote this.

^_^ Only I could be so dorky. It's a gift, and a curse.....

Happy Writing,
Sookie

6 comments:

Anilee said...

That's awesome. That happened to me once. And the opposite happened too. I thought I was a pretty good writer, so I was shocked to read the first three chapters of my novel, which were awful beyond all reasoning. :D

Edge said...

Congrats! It's so nice when you re-read your own writing and it's almost like reading someone else's book.

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Keep going! :) Awesome.

Bohae said...

That is so great!!!!!!

Erin said...

Yay! I love when that happens. (which isn't often enough, unfortunately!)
Hope it's still going well, the writing...

Sookie said...

Everyone: Thank you so much for the encouraging comments!