Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Jippity Crickets! I'm Aunt Eller!

Okay, so life update: after school today (it was a short day--it only lasted until 2pm when really we get out at about 3:30) the two teachers who are in charge of this year's musical, Oklahoma!, posted the cast list on the door.
And guess what I got....
Yes, that would be the fabulous(if not a little crazy), eccetric, pantaloon-buying Aunt Eller!
I'm so excited to be playing her!
I want to bring as much personality and comedy as I can to the table. This will be new to me, since I've only done tragedy (Les Miserables--Eponine; saddest play ever!).
But I'm up for the challenge.

The only downside is that three of my best friends wanted this part also, and me having formerly NOT been picked for a part, I can understand this dissapointment a little too much.

Well, anyway, I plan to take lots of pictures and post them up here!
Yes yes, I know, everyone who's read this blog has just been waiting for the opportunity to see me with silver-gray hair, dressed in Old-Western style apparatus (Ha ha!).

5 comments:

Anidori-Isilee said...

Congratulations!

Sookie said...

Thank you!

Hannah said...

Break a leg!! ;)

Erin said...

Yay, coolness, congratulations!! Have FUN with your role!

Sookie said...

Erin: Thank you! I will