Friday, February 2, 2007

Bathroom Books

Okay, this has to be the oddest post I've ever written so far (some may disagree-I have some pretty odd posts stuffed back in the blog-closet).
But anyway-every house I've been to (and that's a LOT of houses, since my mom's in real estate), when you step into the bathroom of that house you see something that you usually never even give a second thought to (unless the sight of magazines ethuzes you)-and that would be a basket, box, or some sort of container filled with old magazines.
Well, they don't call me a rebel for nothing.
Instead of magazines in my nifty mesh, silver basket, I have books.
So when guests come over and they have to.....you know......they are greeted by the sight of highly recommendable books just sitting there, waiting to be read.
These books are also some of my favorites:



Avalon High by Meg Cabot
It's no secret that I'm a HUGE fan of Meg Cabot's work, and Avalon High is no exception. Packed with romance, awkward situations, a unique heroine, and King Arthur lore, it's just what you'd expect from any well written Teen Fantasy novel.



Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix

I'm just a *little* (okay maybe *alot*) obsessed with the Cinderella story. Just Ella is the story of what happens after Cinderella is made a princess.

She has a bit of a breakdown when she suddenly finds that she's not in love with the beautiful, though boring, prince and longs for her simple life of books and practicality. No fantasy, but lots of fun. One of my favorites (though ella enchanted will always be my favorite retelling)


The Princess Bride by William Goldman

EVERY PERSON ON THIS PLANET NEEDS TO HAVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!

If you haven't yet-read it!!!!!


It's an awesome, awesome book that's packed with comedy, adventure, true love, and comedy.






River Secrets by Shannon Hale













There are more, but I don't have time to name them-enjoy your weekend everybody!






















































3 comments:

Erin said...

The only one I've read is River Secrets!

Our library only has the abridged Princess Bride. :(

Thanks for the recommendations.

Sookie said...

Erin, the abridged version is the original one. I was confused at first, but William Goldman is the author and his "abridged" parts are only a joke.

Erin said...

I see you're reading A Northern Light. Let me know how it is!

PS I like your new template. :)