Wednesday, December 6, 2006

The Top Five-Winners (Part 2)



The Top Five Books of November: Winners-Part 2
Second place was hard to choose, but I finally made a decision...
Once Upon A Curse (Book Three in the Frog Princess Series), E. D. Baker
I bought this book by accident because I thought it was the first in the series-only to discover it was #3.
Nevertheless-I read it. And loved it. Though I should have waited to read the (probably equally charming) prequels, I couldn't help but NOT put this book down.
Emma and her adventures are just another series that I cannot wait to complete.
For those of you who want to start at the beginning of the series-the first book is The Frog Princess.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I picked up FROG PRINCESS, the first book, a year or two ago and got bored. This one sounds like it might be better! I'll see if my library has it.

Sookie said...

Was Frog Princess really boring?
It took me awhile to get into it, but once I was there, I was there.
The only thing I didn't like about it though was that the magic was pretty unoriginal.
All Emma has to do for spells is recite a poem. The poems are cute, but I much prefer Shannon Hale's style of magic. Or even JK Rowling.
I still liked it, though.