Friday, November 17, 2006

Endings And Beginnings

"It might seem strange to start a story with an ending. But all endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time."
-Mitch Albom The Five People You Meet in Heaven


Well, it's official. I've deleted my website (formerly called "midnight tales") because now that I have this blog, and my other blogs, and my nanowrimo, I really have no use for it.
Plus, I've discovered that the beautiful fonts I used on the main page and other pages don't come up on other people's computers.
So this post is an ode to my old website.
Goodbye old friend.
Ah, I remember the days well when the website and I were best friends.....
I remember having so many fun games of "I'm posting this picture, will you please let it come up?"
Ah, but I won very few of those games....
I remember the many times when my computer wanted to seperate us forever...
oh how I fought to edit and work on that website.
The minutes, hours, and days I spent picking fonts and colors and photographs are very numerous.
Old Midnight and I, we always had the best of times together.
Now, all that's left are my fond memories. I will miss Midnight-wherever he's gone, hopefully to website heaven where he belongs, but I must move on.
I'll just have to take that solitary roadtrip and sprinkle his ashes all over microsoft corporation's heaquarters, just like he always wanted.

With bittersweet sorrow,
Sookie

Amen.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Lol, that made me laugh. :-)

And great quote!

Sookie said...

Yes, I can get down right sentimental when it comes to long lost websites :)

Anonymous said...

:) Nice...I never made a website. Pretty cool stuff though!

Sookie said...

websites are fun ;)

Sookie