Sunday, November 5, 2006

Beauty


I truly hope every girl or woman feels beautiful. And I wish I did more. That's why this batch of quotes is about beauty....


Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it
with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in,
where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul. ~John Muir

Our hearts are drunk with a beauty our eyes could never see. ~George
W. Russell

I've never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful. ~Author
Unknown

Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. ~Kahlil
Gibran

Against Him those women sin who torment their skin with potions, stain
their cheeks with rouge and extend the line of their eyes with black
coloring. Doubtless they are dissatisfied with God's plastic skill.
In their own persons they convict and censure the Artificer of all things.
~Tertullian


That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is
good is always beautiful. ~Ninon de L'Enclos

Beauty comes in all sizes, not just size 5. ~Roseanne

I don't like standard beauty - there is no beauty without
strangeness. ~Karl Lagerfeld

Beauty comes as much from the mind as from the eye. ~Grey
Livingston

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. ~Confucius

Beauty... is the shadow of God on the universe. ~Gabriela Mistral, DesolacĂ­on

Beauty?... To me it is a word without sense because I do not know where its
meaning comes from nor where it leads to. ~Pablo Picasso

Beauty isn't worth thinking about; what's important is your mind. You
don't want a fifty-dollar haircut on a fifty-cent head. ~Garrison Keillor


3 comments:

Erin said...

I like your quotes, as usual. :) (As well as the quote of the week.)

Oh, and I saw your "acknowledgement" to moi in your sidebar . . . you are so sweet. I love making new blogging friends! Thank you for your faithful comments on my blog as well. :)

Sookie said...

No problem! I love commenting!
Thank you for reading there at the beginning.

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

I like the one about beauty coming in all sizes-not just size 5. :)