Tuesday, October 3, 2006

The Top Ten Books Of September-According To Me

Okay okay, so I know I'm a bit late, but here are the winners:
These ten books are picked from any genre and are all given the same standing (first place). So when they're labeled from 1-10 it does not mean that 1 is the highest, follow me? Oh, and some of these books were not published in September, I only picked these because I actually read these in September.
Okay here goes. Drumroll Please....


1. River Secrets by Shannon Hale (fantasy)









2. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (horror, romance, fantasy)









3. Captivating by John and Stasi Eldridge (non-fiction, Christian)









4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen ( read it again and still loved it), (classics, romance)



5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Fantasy)



6. Specials by Scott Westerfield (Sci-Fi)



7. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Fantasy)
(sorry, having technical difficulties with the pictures)

8. Sirena-Donna Jo Napoli (fantasy, myth)

9. Fairest by Gail Carson Levine (fantasy)

10. Avalon High-Meg Cabot (fantasy)


*A roaring applause is heard from the audience-even a couple of Huzzahs!!!*
Thank you, thank you everyone for coming tonight. And now Lords and Ladies,
the show has come to and end.....




ps. I think I have an over-active imagination :)

5 comments:

Sparky the Happy Giraffe said...

I always like book recommendations - thank you! Is SIRENA written by the same person who wrote "Beast?" I absolutely didn't like that book. It was supposed to be a retelling but was more like a... advocation and praise for Mohammed or something.

Erin said...

Just to let you know, I love love LOVE the poem in your sidebar!!

Sookie said...

Yes, the same author who wrote Sirena wrote Beast. I've never read that book. But I have read some of her other books-Zel, Spinners, Sirena, Daughter of Venice, and For the Love of Venice, and they are VERY good. So maybe she was just going through a phase with Beast or something....
Oh, and isn't that poem awesome?
I found the first block of it off this really cool site-Quote Garden, they have quotes on EVERYTHING

Sherry said...

Thanks for posting the October poem on your sidebar. I hadn't read that for ages and it's one of my favorites. I posted it with some pics from our neighborhood yesterday. (Erin's mom) Mrs. M

Sookie said...

cool!