Sunday, October 22, 2006

Tea For Two


There is a great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a chest of tea. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, Letters and Social Aims
Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company. ~Author Unknown
Each cup of tea represents an imaginary voyage. ~Catherine Douzel
Tea should be taken in solitude. ~C.S. Lewis
Tea is liquid wisdom. ~Anonymous
Tea to the English is really a picnic indoors. ~Alice Walker
There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea. ~Bernard-Paul Heroux
I decided that tea would be a proper theme for quotes today because last night I won a "tea basket" at my school's auction that was suppose to have tea for two and everything.

6 comments:

Sparky the Happy Giraffe said...

Continuing with your theme...
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.
-C.S. Lewis

Sookie said...

I totally agree with CS Lewis...especially if it's camomille tea and fantasy book!
Lol, totally my picture of heaven on earth:
no homework, no annoying phone calls, no clothes to wash or chores to do, just a never-ending-cup of tea and a long book to read...

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

Ahhhh, we all share the same tastes. :)

Erin said...

And by the way, I love your quote of the week.

Sookie said...

I love the quote of the week, too!
I recently took a "spiritual gifts test" at church because of my youth group, and the test said I have Knowledge as a spiritual gift. So I picked that as the theme of the quote this week.