Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Series of Unfortunate Events





By Lemony Snicket

Friday the 13th, at aproxiately (I'm pretty sure that's not spelled right, but at this moment I don't care) eight o'clock, I bought a book I've meant to read for several years.
The Bad Beginning, Book the First in the Series of Unfortunate Events, was a slim, easy-read that I finished the night before I went to the library to check out the final two books in the Harry Potter series.
And strangely enough, even though it was a children's book-I loved it!
And I even rented the next installment from the library along with Harry Potter.
But really, there was something else glorious to see at the Borders Bookstore in the Quarry (for those of you who don't know much about San Antonio, Texas-the Quarry is this place, located near downtown, that is VERY nice-their bookstore has about three stories-you have to take an elevator to get to all of those books!!).
And it was the independant reader's section located near the Children's and YA section.
Rows and rows (I am seriously not kidding ya'll) of fantasy books!
In fact, out of all of those books, only a very few were historical fiction or realistic fiction.
It was LOVELY!!!!!
I saw so many books that I wanted to check out-including the Septimus Heap books (Magyk and Flyte) and a series that looked absolutely awesome about dragons.
Are people finally realizing how wonderful the fantasy genre can be, or what?
To me, who is obsessed with Fantasy, this is all music to my ears.
If anybody ever comes to San Antonio, Texas, they should visit the Borders in the Quarry. It's an absolutely awesome experience.
Cheers :)
-Sookie

2 comments:

Molly said...

Sookie!!!
Come and check out the new blog.
Thought you'd appreciate the name, heh heh :)

Erin said...

I'll remember to check it out if I ever get there......someday. :)