Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Goose Girl



By Shannon Hale

I recently found out that there is an eighteen minute movie remake of the Brothers Grimm's classic fairytale, the Goose Girl. And since I've decided to re-read Goose Girl (by Shannon Hale) for the thousandth time (I don't know what it is about Ani that makes me connect with her so-even more than Enna and Razo and Miri), this is a review of one of my absolute favorite books.
The best thing about Goose Girl is the words Shannon Hale uses. Everything she describes that has to do with nature is so beautiful-it makes you want to live in Kildenree or Bayern or Tira or Danland-any of the settings she describes. I also have an affinity for the male characters she puts in her stories :Geric, Finn (he's my favorite!), and Razo. If no one has read any of her books-you must, and quickly, too!!!! I'm also curious to see about this film. In the synopsis it said that the Goose Girl had magical powers. So maybe they leaned toward Shannon Hale's version of the story! I hope so. It would be much better off if they did.
















4 comments:

Sookie said...

Happy Halloween everyone!
Or happy Harvest!

Erin said...

Yes, I have fun with Shannon Hale's books as well. She sure knows how to spin a good tale!

That movie looks interesting....

Erin said...

Did you like The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory?

Sookie said...

Yes, I will review it tomorrow.
Unfortunately, right now I have a sea of homework and newspaper deadlines to wade through.