Saturday, September 23, 2006

Fall Into Reading Book List

Thank you miss Erin-I wouldn't have learned about this without your blog.

Okay, here goes:

Sirena by Donna Jo Napoli

Stay With Me by Garret Freymann-Weyr

Pirates! by Celia Reese

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter-Carson McCullers

Blood Red Horse by KM Grant

Mirror Mirror by Gregory Maguire

Valiant by Holly Black

Mansfield Park-Jane Austen

The Red Tent-Anita Diamant

The Harry Potter series (hopefully through the fourth book, at least)

Fairest-Gail Carson Levine

Ever After-Wendy Loggia

Any recommendations to make my list longer?
I'd certainly appreciate them.
Thanks,
Sookie

8 comments:

Erin said...

Have you read "Sorcery and Cecilia" by Patricia C. Wrede or "The Hollow Kingdom" by Clare B. Dunkle? If not you must, they're a couple of my favorites!

Great list - let me now how you like them!

Sparky the Happy Giraffe said...

I want to read "Sorcery and Cecilia" too. Patricia C. Wrede also wrote "Dealing with Dragons" and the three books after it. "A Book of Enchantments" also.
I forget who wrote "The Seer and the Sword", but it's also good.
I'm reading "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell" by Susanna Clarke. "Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment" was really good (there's a sequel), and I just got some books by Donita K. Paul.

Kathleen Marie said...

Mansfield Park is excellent, Ever After is sweet and you have a few I should check out! Thanks!

Barbara H. said...

I have a Jane Austen book on my list, too. I'd like to read Ever After -- I enjoyed that movie, and usually the books are better. :) Most of the rest of your list I've not heard of, or have only heard of and not read.

Happy reading!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Katrina said...

I must admit - I'm a Harry Potter fan. I've read them all (rather quickly - they were hard to put down!). Thanks for joining in the challenge. Enjoy your books!

Erin said...

Let me know how "Blood Red Horse" and "Pirates!" are - they both look very interesting.

Susanne said...

I didn't know Ever After was a novel. Is it the same as the movie?

Sookie said...

yeah, it is. And from what I've read so far, it's totally awesome!
I also love the movie-and know about all the lines lol!